This flexible MSc introduces you to more sophisticated tools and techniques that finance practitioners regularly exploit in their profession. If you are looking to up-skill or are seeking career progression, this course will equip you with the financial management knowledge and skills sought by organisations across the globe.
This MSc in Financial Management equips you with a deep understanding of the tasks finance professionals undertake, and the skills required for a successful career in finance.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the interplay between well-functioning financial markets and successful companies;
- Apply a full range of financial techniques to real-life business situations;
- Search and gather relevant financial information from multiple sources, including companies’ annual reports and financial databases;
- Offer data-based solutions to complex and relevant business challenges, such as analysis of financial strategies, selecting valuable investment projects.
FOUNDATIONS OF ACCOUNTING
FOUNDATIONS OF FINANCE
GLOBAL FINANCIAL MARKETS AND INSTITUTIONS
DATA ANALYSIS AND STATISTICAL TECHNIQUES
FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS
INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
QUANTITATIVE METHODS FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
VENTURE CAPITAL AND PRIVATE EQUITY
BUSINESS MODELS AND FINANCIAL STRATEGY
Hover your mouse over the boxes to learn more about what makes our MSc Financial Management stand out from the rest.
Successful finance practitioners require a wide range of transferable skills and subject-specific knowledge in areas such as corporate finance, financial markets and financial accounting. Our MSc comprises of foundational units in finance and accounting alongside advanced units in the following areas:
- Financial management
- Financial markets
- Financial strategy
- Private equity
- Data analysis & Statistical techniques
- Quantitative methods for financial management
A final supervised project will allow you to deepen your finance knowledge and apply your skills by analysing real-world information and addressing questions with practical implications. You will be taught by a team of academics that has several years of experience delivering course content both online and face-to-face within blended programmes. Our academics are on the cutting-edge of finance research, which informs their teaching. They regularly utilise our wide range of financial databases in their learning and teaching activities. This is a significant strength of our MSc in Financial Management.
- A deep understanding of the tasks that financial managers and other similar finance practitioners undertake and the objectives they pursue;
- The ability to describe and interpret the functioning of financial markets;
- An understanding of why and how successful companies rely on and benefit from well-functioning financial markets;
- The skills and knowledge to analyse and synthesise complex information from corporations and financial markets, and offer solutions to challenging problems;
- The capability to search and gather relevant financial information from several sources such as companies’ annual reports and financial databases;
- Flexible and relevant transferable skills that finance practitioners require in their career.
This course is mostly delivered online, allowing you to study flexibly at a pace that suits your own requirements and lifestyle.
You will also participate in four six-day face-to-face workshop, held twice a year in Singapore & Hong Kong.
Each unit consists of 15 credits (excluding the final project) and requires a total of 150 hours of study per unit.
There are no exams within the MSc. Summative assessment comprises individual and group coursework, with two assessments per unit. We will provide online quizzes and activities through each unit as methods of formative assessments.
The final project will consist of a group project.
Alliance Manchester Business School's Accounting and Finance Studies is ranked
|Type of Course:||Part-time (blended learning)|
|Course Duration||24 months – 5 years|
|Fees:||£19,500. Discounts available*|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Workshop Locations:||Singapore & Hong Kong|
Looking for a change in career or have a limited finance background? This MSc acts as a conversion course, and doesn’t require finance experience.
“The curriculum is structured in a way that first imparts students with the theoretical underpinning of finance, before delving into the practical side of the theory through case studies, assignments, and presentations. Therefore, it provides a seamless entry for students without any academic or working experience in finance."
Professor Arif Khurshed, AMBS
*2020 QS World Rankings