Application Materials & Deadlines
Next intake: January 2020
Application deadline: December 2019
How to apply
To apply for the part-time blended learning Global MBA programmes at Alliance Manchester Business School, you need to complete the Global MBA application form, take an Admissions Test and submit your supporting documents.
Create and account and complete the Global MBA application form,
We will contact you when you start the application to provide support.
You will need to upload your CV/résumé to be able to submit your application.
You can prepare your essays off line and cut and paste them into the application form when you are ready. (See details of the essays below)
- After submitting the form you will receive an automated receipt from No.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save this email to your contacts to make sure you receive our messages about your application.
- You can save a partially completed application at any stage and return to it later by clicking ‘save’ and then log out. When you log back in to your account, click ‘return to my applications’.
- You can move through each section of the application form in any order by clicking on the navigation links in the menu at the side. Each section will automatically save when you click on the navigation links or by clicking the save button at the bottom of the page.
- The questions marked with a * are mandatory therefore you will need to complete them to submit the form.
- You can find more information to help you complete the form by clicking the ? icon by the side of each of the navigation links.
You are also required to submit the following:
- You are required to submit two professional references and your application is not complete until they are received.
- You will be asked to include the contact details for your referees in the MBA application form. When your application has been submitted we will email your referees with a link complete our official online MBA reference.
- We prefer one of your referees to be the person you report to in your current company. If you do not wish to inform your current employer that you are applying for the MBA you can use a referee from your previous company. We do not require academic references.
You will need to upload your CV/résumé to be able to submit your application. It is an important part of our assessment. Your CV/résumé should ideally be no more than two pages in length and should include the following information:
- Each job you have taken since graduating from your undergraduate degree (if you have one) in reverse chronological order, starting with your current position.
- Include the month/year start and end date, job title, company name and salary for each position undertaken.
- If you have worked in more than one position for the same company please show each position separately to highlight your career progression.
- For each position, include bullet points of your key responsibilities and achievements.
- Details of all your qualifications; including your Bachelor’s degree, any Master’s degree, postgraduate diplomas/specialisations and professional qualifications.
- Any academic distinctions, honours or awards.
- The application form includes two short essays (see below)
- You can prepare your essays off line and cut and paste them into the application form when you are ready.
Essay 1: Your Professional Experience and Achievements (approx. 500 words)
Please describe your professional experience and career progression to date including the dates of any promotions and salary increases.
We would like to learn about the companies you have worked for, the breadth and depth of the knowledge you have acquired in the workplace, your key achievements, your management and international business experiences and the impact you have made in your different roles.
Particularly highlight the parts of your career that demonstrate any of the following:
- Managing people (team, business area, department, company)
- Managing client relationships
- Leading significant projects
- Managing budgets, resources or processes
- Defining/influencing strategy
- International exposure
- Entrepreneurial experience
Essay 2: Your aspirations (300 words)
To address the following questions:
What are your professional and personal aspirations and why is an MBA important in your plans?
Why have you chosen to apply for the Manchester MBA?
How do you think your current experience combined with the Alliance Manchester Business School MBA will help you to achieve your aspirations?
Degree Transcript & Certificate
Please submit a scanned copy of your official Bachelor’s degree transcript and certificate (or Master’s if you do not have a Bachelor’s). You will need to show us your original transcript/certificate when you register for the Full-time MBA programme. All documents must be submitted in English. If the original document is not in English please provide a translation from a certified translator.
Your transcript should show:
- the type of degree awarded
- date of enrolment and date of graduation
- the courses you took; the marks you achieved
- your final result, GPA or average grade
- If your transcript states that you have successfully completed and graduated and includes your final result, you do not need to also provide a certificate. If you have graduated from a UK institution we only require a copy of your certificate showing your final result (e.g. second class upper).
We reserve the right to contact your degree awarding institutions for further information in connection with your application if required.
Professional Qualification Certificate and Membership
A professional accountancy qualification is required to be considered for the Global Finance Accelerated MBA route. If you have a professional qualification, please submit:
- a copy of your certificate proving you have the qualification
- Proof of your membership of the professional body/organisation
Examples of Professional Accountancy Qualifications: Accountancy: ACA, FCA or CA (Chartered Accountant), ACCA or FCCA (Chartered Certified Accountant), ACMA or FCMA (Chartered Management Accountant), CPFA (Chartered Public Finance Accountant), AAIA or FAIA (International Accountant), AFA or FFA (Incorporated Financial Accountant). AICPA or FCPA (Certified Public Accountant), CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
We reserve the right to contact your professional associations for further information in connection with your application if required.
Candidates for the Global MBA are not automatically required to take an English Language test. If you have taken an English test please provide the details of your score in the application form and email a copy of your score report. English competence is assessed throughout the admissions process. See Entry Requirements.
All applicants to our MBA programmes are required to take an admissions test and we will not normally assess your application until we have your result. You can choose to take the Manchester Admissions Test (MAT), GMAT® or GRE®.
When completing the application form you can select which test you prefer to take.
Most candidates for our Global MBA programmes will take the Manchester Admissions Test (MAT), which is designed and delivered by Talent Q.
- The MAT is completed online and you can take it at your convenience in your home or office or anywhere where you have a good internet connection.
- There are three short assessments (verbal, numerical and logical) that do not require preparation and take around 45 minutes to complete.
- We will provide you with a login and password to take the test after you submit your MBA application. The invitation will come from email@example.com. Please save this email to your contacts so that the invitation does not get delivered to your junk email.
We will not assess your MBA application until we have received your admissions test result, therefore once you receive the MAT invitation you should take the test straightaway, as we are keen to give you a decision about your admission to the MBA as soon as possible.
GMAT and GRE require dedicated preparation to optimise your performance and you will need to register to take the test on a particular date in an official test centre. If you have already completed the GMAT or GRE you will be asked to enter your scores in the application form. If you are intending to take GMAT or GRE you will need to put your intended test date to be able to submit the MBA application form.
How will we use your result in our admissions decision?
The admissions test is only one of our admission criteria – we are looking for candidates with the ‘right fit’ for the unique Manchester MBA. We take a holistic view when evaluating applications, considering the ‘person’ rather than a score and place more emphasis on your professional, academic and personal achievements; and your leadership and team-working skills. A very good result does not necessarily give a better chance of admission and a less strong result does not mean you cannot be admitted.
Please contact our Admissions Team for more information about Admissions Tests for our Global MBA programmes.
The test is normally taken after you complete and submit the application form.
What happens next?
If you’re ready to make your application, please contact our Admissions Team for the step by step application guide.